Frequent Visitor
FastJack

Auto-Lock Not working

[ Edited ]

Everything else is working just fine through GP. Exchange, Minimum passcode length all good, but the only think not working is Auto-Lock Its stays on whatever the user had previously set. The good thing is it will not let them remove the autolock. heh

Any Ideas??

Please use plain text.
Centrify
Raman

Re: Auto-Lock Not working

Glad to hear that you are liking the solution. To clarify in detail are you trying to change the passcode on the device through a policy ?

thanks

Raman

Centrify Support

Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
FastJack

Yes that’s correct, GP is not tacking over in this matter. Although it will not let them turn the Auto-lock off. it defaults to whatever the phone has instead of making it what’s in AD.

Please use plain text.
Centrify
Raman

Hi, 

There is no way to change the password from a GPO to the device. Here is a scenario that I tested 

1. My device ( Android ) has a setting to use a pin to unlock the device with 4 numbers

2. I set a policy on my Centrify Server to have a minimum of 6 character for passcode on the device

3. I enroll my device and once the policy kicks in the device is prompted to change the passcode to enter a pin with 6 characters

4. After you un-enroll the device the most recent passcode stays ( 6 characters ) but now the user has the ability to change settings and is not controller by your corporate policy

Hope this clarifies. If you have questions please ask

thanks

Raman

Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
FastJack

Good to know, but not what I'm talking about. Once I enroll a Device GP should be pushed down for all the settings that I have selected in GP. Well most of them work. But the only thing that is not working is the time it takes for the device to lock, that is staying the same.

It pushes down the device lock that works great prompts them for password for whatever I set 3 4 6 no problem. its the Device time out GP that is not functioning it stays on whatever was on the device before enrollment. not a big deal but something that’s bugging me.

Please use plain text.
Centrify
Raman

Hi

A few things, 

1. Is this an iOS device or Android ( please send us the version of Android ) 

2. What is the value set on the device and what is the value being used on the policy.

I tried this with my device and I am not running into this issue however I am running a few more tests. 

If possible can you email me ( raman.kumar@centrify.com ) a screen shot of the Passcode Settings in GPMC that you use

thanks

Raman

Centrify Support

Please use plain text.