× Welcome to the Centrify Community! Looking for Express & Smart Card Help? Click Here

Keychain access does not show the CAC card, and neither does centrify express.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Participant II
#1 of 3 618

Keychain access does not show the CAC card, and neither does centrify express.

Hello,

MacOs

ID type: G&D FIPS 201 SCE

Reader type:SAICOO Reader (no known drivers identified)

The computer USB clearly recognizes the reader, centrify express is installed and all the drivers (that I know of) are up to date (listing: 40596).

In the diagnostics panel, one clicks "Open Keychain" and when it opens, the SystemCACertificates show multiple certificates, but not the smart card.

How do I get the smart card to show up in Keychain Access?

Thanks in advance,
-user.

p.s. (If it's any help) I've completely installed/uninstalled it and still got the same solution. Additionally, in the solution stated on another thread (Create a new folder at: /System/Library/Security/tokend/tmp/) for some reason I am unable to do so.

Centrify
#2 of 3 589

Re: Keychain access does not show the CAC card, and neither does centrify express.

Hi @Geniusloci,

Thanks for your inquiry and Welcome to Centrify! 

When you plug your reader(with card inserted) into your Mac, does the light on the card reader flash and/or show any activity? Normally, when the card reading LED light flashes, it should mean it's loading the content within the card.

Also, may I know what issue are you experiencing when you are trying to perform the steps (Create a new folder at: /System/Library/Security/tokend/tmp/)?

Are you seeing any error? If possible, please capture a screenshot for better understanding. Please keep us posted with any updates. Thank you!

BR,

Ivan

Highlighted
Participant II
#3 of 3 570

Re: Keychain access does not show the CAC card, and neither does centrify express.

Hello Ivan

I found out the problem, it turns out some gunk had clogged the USB port,
covering the connections. While there was enough power for the indicator
activation light to turn on, it seems to have stopped the transfer of data.

Thank you kindly for your help,
-Loci