No Smartcard Found
12-19-2016 02:04 AM
Hi, I am having trouble getting my smartcard to show up in keychain access.
I am using SCR3310V2 and have downloaded centrify smartcard assistant v5.2.4 and all the certificates.
I am on Mac El Capitan v10.11.4.
My cac reader has the green light come on for a couple seconds and then it goes off and the card never shows up in keychains.
Please help! I can't figure it out. I went through the cleanup, uninstalled and reinstalled centrify, and now I'm at a loss.
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-19-2016 06:01 PM
Welcome to Centrify Community!
Normally, when the card reading LED light flashes, it should mean it's loading the content within the card. If
the card is still not appearing in Keychain Access, then please try these steps:
1) Login to the Mac as Local Admin and open Finder
2) From the menu bar at the top, click on:
Go > Go to Folder > Enter: /System/Library/Security/tokend/
3) Here you should see four tokend files: CAC, CACNG, PIV, and BELPIC
We will try the card against each tokend separately to see if one of them can work properly.
4) Create a new folder at: /System/Library/Security/tokend/tmp/
5) Move all the tokend files into this new tmp/ folder apart from the one named: PIV.tokend
6) Open Keychain Access, and remove and insert your card
7) If there is no response in the Keychain, swap out the PIV tokend for another one in the tmp/ folder. We should expect at least one of the tokends to work with your card.
Some background on this method can be found in these articles here:
Please let me know the result of the above. Thank you!