× Welcome to the Centrify Community! Looking for Express & Smart Card Help? Click Here

Uninstall Centrify now cannot login

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Centrify Advisor I
#11 of 19 884

Re: Uninstall Centrify now cannot login

Checking the version of Centrify on the Mac and uninstalling the Agent are at the same location. Go to System Preferences > Centrify. In the Welcome tab, look for " CentrifyDC version" to get the version number.

Just to go over the basics, have you done the following?

1. Log on to the Mac with a local admin account.

2. Go to System Prefernces > Centrify.

3. Click on the Uninstall button.

Please note, if you are a Centrify customer, you have 24/7 access to support if this does not resolve our issue. https://www.centrify.com/support/customer-support-portal/contact/

Participant II
#12 of 19 879

Hi Sejohnwu,

Yes, I've done everything you stated so far. I've no longer connected to the Company domain (left the company, but my computer was joined to the domain before with Centrify). The Centrify Welcome tab under Account Configuration states "No Domain is joined. Please open Centrify Join Assistant or use adjoint command to join".

When I click on the Uninstall. It gives me, after confirming unstall with localadmin password: A popup window with  "System Prefereneces quit unexpectedly while using the Cetnrify plug-in." Click Reopen to open the application again, etc...

Again, I think the Cenetrify uninstall utility on my machine is not compatible with my MacOS version. That's why I was asking for an updated uninstall utility. Help?

Thanks!

Centrify Advisor I
#13 of 19 875

Sent you a DM

Participant II
#14 of 19 870

Where did you send to? I haven't received it?

Participant II
#15 of 19 866

never mind. I found you DM. Replied. Thanks
Participant II
#16 of 19 519

I am having the same problem as Lee75712, except rather than resolving his issue publicly you moved it to a private message?

opt003610:bin it$ sudo sh /usr/share/centrifydc/bin/uninstall.sh

Password:

*****             WELCOME to the Centrify Suite installer!            *****

Detecting local platform ...

ERROR: unknown OS revision: 10.12. Exiting...

Error detected. More information may be found in the logfile

(location is /private/var/log/centrifydc-install.log).

Exiting ...

opt003610:bin it$

Centrify Guru I
#17 of 19 506

@jb98,

Welcome to the Centrify Forums.

You are adding to a thread that is over two years old.  Please open a new thread.

Regarding your case, notice the following:

ERROR: unknown OS revision: 10.12. Exiting...

This means that you're trying to use an older version of our adclient in a newer version of OS X.

When upgrading OS X, the order of installation is:

1. Upgrade the Centrify client first
  2. Then upgrade the operating system.

Centrify has historically provided with a newer client the same day as the OS X release and early access for commercial customers trying to plan their deployments.

We have resources available to you like:

a) OS X Sierra Resource Center:  https://www.centrify.com/support/macos-sierra-download/

b) Using group policy to block OS X updates:  https://centrify.force.com/support/Article/KB-5765-How-to-block-OS-X-updates-via-Group-Policy/

c) Deploying OS X Sierra using Deployment Manager:  https://centrify.force.com/support/Article/KB-7458-How-to-deploy-the-Centrify-for-MacOS-10-12-agent-...

Finally, if the volunteer decided to reach out to the person directly, that was his assessment (perhaps because they know each other, or they are a commercial customer) NOT to hide the results of a solution.

We are here to help.  Please open a new thread.

R.P

Want to learn more about practical Centrify examples? Check out my blog at http://centrifying.blogspot.com
Follow Centrify:
Participant II
#18 of 19 496

If you review the timestamps you will notice that I am "adding to a thread" which has been active within the last two months and is directly related to my issue. This thread is the top google result. So I would recommend locking the thread if you do not wish for it to continue to be active, as I'm sure (due to the lack of resolution) others will drop by and ask questions.

Either way, after beating at it with a hammer for a few hours, I got the thing uninstalled and removed from AD.

I guess this thread will remain useless for subsequent unsuspecting googlers.

Centrify Guru I
#19 of 19 491

@jb98,

We appreciate your feedback, our apologies if this caused confusion.

The reason why we asked you to create a new thread is because although this may be a relevant result on Google (because it met your symptoms), does not mean that the solution offered will work for you.

Notice the posters didn't even marked it as a solution.

Just to recap - the most common mistake folks make in OS X upgrade scenarios is to forget that they must upgrade the Centrify client first, then the OS.   That's why we always publish a resouce center the day of OS X releases, plus in enterprise scenarios, we even have a GPO that will block the upgrade to protect users from themselves.

Want to learn more about practical Centrify examples? Check out my blog at http://centrifying.blogspot.com
Follow Centrify: