× Welcome to the Centrify Community! Looking for Express & Smart Card Help? Click Here

Programmatically set "Enable auto-provisioning" on Provisioning Tab of the zone properties dialog

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Participant II
#1 of 5 2,331
Accepted Solution

Programmatically set "Enable auto-provisioning" on Provisioning Tab of the zone properties dialog

Is there a way to use the PowerShell cmdlets to set the "Enable auto-provisioning" checkbox on the Provisioning Tab of the zone properties dialog? I am using Centrify Server Suite 2014.

There are several GUI items I am not able to find int he APIs, and this is the first one. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place? Is there a different way to do this other than clicking the GUI? I am trying to fully script our system setup andd I am stopped at this point.

Thanks.

Centrify Guru I
#2 of 5 2,321

Re: Programmatically set "Enable auto-provisioning" on Provisioning Tab of the zone proper

[ Edited ]

@LFrench,

Welcome to the Centrify Forums.

What part of the system setup are you trying to script? 

Suite 2014 is old, you should be entitled to upgrades if commercial customers.  All DirectManage consoles are backwards-compatible and expose you to new features.

Remember that the "auto-provisioning" tab only exists if the Zone Provisioning Agent utility is installed on the system. 

The automation of that piece implies the use of the MSI package for installation.

For automation of Access/Privilege operations, most customers either use PowerShell or adedit.

Adedit Guide:  https://docs.centrify.com/en/css/suite2016/centrify-win-audit-powershell-guide.pdf?_ga=1.81074643.53...

PowerShell Guide: https://docs.centrify.com/en/css/suite2016/centrify-win-powershell-guide.pdf?_ga=1.142881265.5313556...

Some PowerShell examples:

http://community.centrify.com/t5/Community-Tech-Blog/HOWTO-Use-the-Centrify-PowerShell-Module-to-Aut...

Finally, you should be able to update the SDK if under maintenance too.

If you tell me exactly what you're trying to automate, we can provide examples.

R.P

Want to learn more about practical Centrify examples? Check out my blog at http://centrifying.blogspot.com
Follow Centrify:
Participant II
#3 of 5 2,311

Re: Programmatically set "Enable auto-provisioning" on Provisioning Tab of the zone proper

In a nutshell, I am trying to script the entrie configuration of Direct Manager Access on my domain controller. I create a zone, I can add the users and groups, add roles and assignments, etc. I just can't figure out how to programmatically set  the properties of a zone so that the "enable auto-provisioning" flag is set. I also want to set everything else on that Tab as well. I will go look ad adedit as well to see if that helps.

I have looked at the PowerShell howto guide and the API and there are no functions that I can see that cover how to set auto provisioning of a zone. I would be happy to look at the 2016 version to see if that will help, please let me know what I need to provide in order to download it.

Centrify Guru I
#4 of 5 2,309

@LFrench,

Several things here:

a) I hope you're not working directly in a Domain Controller  (this is a poor security practice).

b) The commandlet, Set-CdmZpaSetting has all the information you need to set for automatic provisioning for a particular zone.  Use the link I gave you and check out the help for the commandlet.  Please make sure that you're using the latest version of Centrify DirectManage PowerShell.  If this is exposed on PowerShell, it's in the SDK as well.

NAME
    Set-CdmZpaSetting

SYNOPSIS
    Updates the provisioning rules for a specified zone.

SYNTAX
    Set-CdmZpaSetting -Zone <CdmZone> [-UserEnabled [<Boolean>]] [-GroupEnabled [<Boolean>]] [-UidOption <UidOptionType>] [-UidExplicitPattern <String>] [-UidCustomAttribute <String>] 
    [-GidOption <GidOptionType>] [-GidExplicitPattern <String>] [-SourceZone <CdmZone>] [-UserSource <CdmGroup>] [-GroupSource <CdmGroup>] [-PrimaryGidOption <PrimaryGidOptionType>] 
    [-PrimaryGidExplicit <String>] [-UserUnixNameOption <UnixNameOptionType>] [-UserUnixNameExplicitPattern <String>] [-GroupUnixNameOption <UnixNameOptionType>] 
    [-GroupUnixNameExplicitPattern <String>] [-UnixNameInvalidCharacterOption <InvalidCharacterOptionType>] [-UnixNameTruncateOption <TruncateOptionType>] [-UnixNameValidCharacters 
    <String>] [-UnixNameLowerCase [<Boolean>]] [-UnixNamePrefix <String>] [-UnixNameRetryDuplicatedNames [<Boolean>]] [-UnixNameRetryDuplicatedMaxNumber <Int32>] [-HomeDirectoryOption 
    <HomeDirectoryOptionType>] [-HomeDirectoryExplicitPattern <String>] [-ShellOption <ShellOptionType>] [-ShellExplicitPattern <String>] [-GecosOption <GecosOptionType>] 
    [-GecosExplicitPattern <String>] [-IgnoreDisabledAccount [<Boolean>]] [-GroupPrioritySetting <String>] [-PipelineVariable <String>] [<CommonParameters>]

DESCRIPTION
    You can configure the business rules for automated provisioning of user and group profiles on a zone-by-zone basis. This cmdlet enables you to set the provisioning settings defined for 
    a specified zone.

RELATED LINKS

REMARKS
    To see the examples, type: "get-help Set-CdmZpaSetting -examples".
    For more information, type: "get-help Set-CdmZpaSetting -detailed".
    For technical information, type: "get-help Set-CdmZpaSetting -full".

c) If you're a current Centrify customer with a current maintenance contract,  you should be able to use the download center and download the latest version of the consoles that includes PowerShell.  I would contact the Centrify rep about the SDK, if it's under maintenance you should be able to get the latest version as well.

R.P

Want to learn more about practical Centrify examples? Check out my blog at http://centrifying.blogspot.com
Follow Centrify:
Participant II
#5 of 5 2,307

Thank you for your assistance. A collegue with access to the downloads page has downloaded the new version for me and I will test with this new version on my development environment.