× Welcome to the Centrify Community! We are rolling out product name changes — click here to learn more.

Does DirectManage Access Manager maintain/manage all of it's own state (or at least the essential)?

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Participant II
#1 of 2 736
Accepted Solution

Does DirectManage Access Manager maintain/manage all of it's own state (or at least the essential)?

What I mean is, can I delete it and reinstall because state is all expressed or tacked onto AD? In other words, if I were to reinstall DirectManage Access Manager (DMAM) would I have to migrate anything? 

From how the tool looks I can infer that at least the reports would be something that wouldn't show up in a newly installed DMAM.

I speculate - maybe all Centrify Zones create/modify something in AD. Is this not true?

Why not just try it out? I don't necessarily have all the permissions to do so (yet) but I figure why not fire off a question here.

Centrify Guru I
#2 of 2 735

Re: Does DirectManage Access Manager maintain/manage all of it's own state (or at least the essentia

@jcheng,

Welcome back.

Access Manager is just client software just like any other Microsoft Management Console.  All the data is in AD.  As long as you open the target zone(s) in the new installation you'll be fine.

A minor exception is if you're performing sudoers or UNIX user/group  imports and choose to store staging the data locally as an XML file. 

R.P

Want to learn more about practical Centrify examples? Check out my blog at http://centrifying.blogspot.com
Follow Centrify: