× Welcome to the Centrify Community! Looking for Express & Smart Card Help? Click Here

removing centrifydc-openssh on live machines, and sshd takes over fine. why/how?

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Participant II
#1 of 4 473
Accepted Solution

removing centrifydc-openssh on live machines, and sshd takes over fine. why/how?

So far on the machines I've experimented with, I have observed success - that the stock sshd "takes over" and everything is hunky dory. 

This is interesting/cool to me. Does anyone know off the top of their head how this works? Is there a Centrify Guru out there named Robertson that can answer this question? 

Topics: 3
Kudos: 219
Blog Posts: 4
Ideas: 0
Solutions: 116
#2 of 4 469

Re: removing centrifydc-openssh on live machines, and sshd takes over fine. why/how?

[ Edited ]

I hope to one day be as good as Robertson, but the short answer to your question is that the post flight scripts when installing/uninstalling the Centrify OpenSSH take proper care of the stock OpenSSH.  

Regards,

Felderi Santiago
Technical Director - NA East, LATAM
Centrify Corporation
Found my response helpful? Click the Kudos button!
Follow Centrify:
Centrify
#3 of 4 467

Re: removing centrifydc-openssh on live machines, and sshd takes over fine. why/how?

Hello jcheng-

I'm not a guru like Robertson, but the stock SSH binaries are renamed *.pre_cdc at agent install time and put back into place when DirectControl is removed.

Centrify Guru I
#4 of 4 462

I'm not sure who that guy Robertson is, but I'm sure he uses the community like many of us do, to learn and keep customers happy.

Smiley Very Happy

Enjoy the weekend everyone!!!

Want to learn more about practical Centrify examples? Check out my blog at http://centrifying.blogspot.com
Follow Centrify: