Occasional Contributor
TonyLudwick

Cannot acces windows servers on network.

My Centrify Enabled Ubuntu Server 10.04 is visible and accesible to the windows machines on the network as it shoud be.  However, I cannot access my windows machines from my Centrify Enabled Ubuntu Server.  I am able to see the domains available in my file browsers, but once I click on a domain it prompts me for a user-id and password.  Then when I suppply it with the Admin credentials for that domain, it refuses to let me go into the domain.  It just keeps on re-prompting me for the credentials.  I also noticed some messages on startup that I suspect may have somthing to do with it.  The messages are as follows:

Starting CentrfyDC-Samba nmbd:

touch: cannot touch '/var/lock/subsys/nmbd.lock'  No such file or directory.

Starting CentrfyDC-Samba winbindd:

touch: cannot touch '/var/lock/subsys/winbindd.lock'  No such file or directory.

Starting CentrfyDC-Samba adbindd:

touch: cannot touch '/var/lock/subsys/adbindd.lock'  No such file or directory.

Starting CentrfyDC-Samba smbd:

touch: cannot touch '/var/lock/subsys/smbd.lock'  No such file or directory.

I have tried uninstalling all of the Centrify Software and the re-installing it but I still get the same thing.  No access to my windows machines, and the above messages on startup.  I have also tried creating the 'susbsys' subfolder inside of the /var/lock/ folder, but that does no good either.

I know it is not a security related issue because I have this same configuration on my laptop and it is able to access my windows machines just fine and does not get the messages on startup.

Please advise.

Regards,

Tony

Please use plain text.
Centrify
Sumana_Centrify

Re: Cannot acces windows servers on network.

Tony: Have to referred to this post ; the user was able to resolve after modifying the init script for samba to create those folders. Can you give it a try ? Meanwhile, we will try to reproduce the problem on our end as well.

Please use plain text.