× Welcome to the Centrify Community! Looking for Express & Smart Card Help? Click Here

Centrify Technical Support Newsletter October 2016

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Manager
#1 of 3 1,079

Centrify Technical Support Newsletter October 2016

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the latest edition of the Centrify Technical Support Newsletter, bringing the latest technical resources and announcements directly to your inbox.

In this edition, we would like to highlight the following:

• New Customer Portal Features
    • My Support Profile Page
    • Search and Sort Support Cases
    • Case Creation: Suggested Technical Content and Optimized Product List
  • New Technical Video Portal
  • Day 1 Support for macOS Sierra

Your feedback is always appreciated, please contact Centrify Support so that we can continue to innovate and provide the best experience for your Centrify products.

SUPPORT AND COMMUNITY NEWS

New Customer Portal Features

Here at Centrify, improving customer satisfaction is an integral part of our company culture. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we're pleased to introduce several new support portal enhancements based on your feedback.

My Support Profile Page

With our newly introduced "My Support Profile" page, Centrify customers with current maintenance agreements can now view and control various aspects of their support account with Centrify. Simply click on the "Account" button in the upper right-hand corner of the Manage Cases page, and select "My Support Profile"” to navigate to this new page.

Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 12.43.27 PM.png

Under the Customer Portal Accounts tab, users designated as support portal account administrators are able to view and manage user access to the Customer Portal. A complete list of account contacts, as well as the numbers of Customer Portal accounts allocated and used are displayed under this tab. Please reference our Support Policies Datasheet for the number of available Customer Portal account contacts associated with various support packages.

Here Customer Portal administrators also have the ability to enable or disable Customer Portal access for users listed under the account. Simply click on the action check box and use the Enable/Disable buttons to grant or remove support portal access for your users. To add new users to the contact list, please contact Centrify Support.

Picture1a.png

The Support Package tab shows you a list of your current maintenance agreement with Centrify, as well as their statuses and anniversary date. A reminder to contact renewal is displayed if your maintenance anniversary date is coming up within 2 months.

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 2.03.28 PM.png

My Email Subscriptions is your one-stop-shop to subscribe to various notifications from Centrify Support. Here you can opt in and out of our Support Newsletter, Cloud Notifications, Product Security Advisories and Community News.

Picture1c.png

Finally, under the “My Contact Information” tab, you have the ability to view your personal information and make edits to your Job title, phone number and community Alias.

Picture1d.png

Search and Sort Support Cases

With our newly designed case management page, customers are now able to search for all open and closed case. Simply type in a search term or contact name in the search box to bring up relevant results.

Picture1e.png

In addition to the new search function, the support case list is can now be sorted by multiple fields. Simply click on the column header to sort the case list by the corresponding field.

Picture1f.png

For our valued long-term customers, the case management page size can now be changed to accommodate for the volume of historic cases you’ve opened with us. Simply click on the “more” or “fewer’ link on the bottom of your case list to change the number of records displayed per page.

Pictureg.png

Case Creation: Suggested Technical Content

Centrify's support knowledge base, product documentation and online community contain a wealth of technical information, and the solution you are looking for may have already been created by a Centrify engineer or customer community guru. In our effort to help you locate the appropriate technical solution for your support question, we've implemented an auto-suggest feature as part of the case submission workflow. After you've entered case information, our federated search engine will automatically scan through all KB articles, product documentation, community solutions and tech blogs to suggest content that may help you resolve your technical issue. If none of the suggested results suit your need, you may continue to create the case with the click of a button.

Picture1h.png

Coming Soon: Optimized Product List for Case Creation

The product selection drop-down menu on the New Case Detail page will be optimized with updated product names in order simplify your support case creation process. Please check our Community News and Announcements board for updates in the coming weeks.

Picture1i.png

New Technical Video Portal

In our effort to help our customers better utilize Centrify products and solutions, our technical support and engineering regularly produce task-based how-to videos, demos and webinars. We are pleased to launch a new video portal with a modern user interface to help you browse and discover helpful technical videos.

Picture1j.png

Video thumbnails are displayed on the video portal listing page, with the ability to filter by product category.

PRODUCT NEWS

Day 1 Support for macOS Sierra

Centrify is pleased to continue its tradition of offering customers immediate support for the latest macOS operating system. An updated version of the Centrify for Mac Agent is now available for macOS Sierra.

Please refer to the macOS Sierra Support Resources Page for everything you need to successfully implement Centrify for Mac with macOS 10.12.

EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES

Popular Tech Blogs and Knowledge Articles

Server Suite 2016 - Samba with adbindproxy
Integrating Centrify Server Suite with SIEM Tools - Part 2, integration with Splunk
Configuring Centrify SSO with Salesforce (SAML + Provisioning)
How to Deploy the Centrify Mac Agent through JAMF Server Suite (JSS)
[10 Tips] I Inherited a Centrify Server Suite Deployment - What's next?
Integrating Centrify Server Suite with SIEM Tools - Part 4, integration with HP ArcSight
LDAP Proxy, and You: A Definitive Guide

[Basics] Centrify Zone schemas, UNIX identity data sourcing and provisioning - Part I
KB-6011: Installing and using the Centrify Deployment Report
KB-6906: How to convert a distribution group to a security group

KB-7458: How to deploy the Centrify for MacOS 10.12 agent using DirectManage Deployment Manager
KB-6028: Getting Started with Office 365 and the Centrify Identity Service - Configuration Overview

AntonC
Community Manager

Community FAQ | Documentation | Support Portal | Centrify Trust | @CentrifySupport on Twitter
Follow Centrify:
Giving Kudos is a great way to thank our community contributors!
Problem Solved? Click "Accepted as Solution" so this information can help other users.

These opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer.
Community Manager
#2 of 3 979

Re: Centrify Technical Support Newsletter October 2016

[ Edited ]

[10/20 Update] Optimized product list for case creation has been implemented. 

AntonC
Community Manager

Community FAQ | Documentation | Support Portal | Centrify Trust | @CentrifySupport on Twitter
Follow Centrify:
Problem Solved? Click "Accepted as Solution" so this information can help other users.

These opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer.
Highlighted
Community Manager
#3 of 3 285

Re: Centrify Technical Support Newsletter October 2016

[3/9/2017 Update]

My Support Profile Page

We've added an account contact filter on the My Support Profile page. Contact records can now be filtered by current contacts, contacts with Support Portal access, admins and regular users.

Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 2.09.47 PM.png

AntonC
Community Manager

Follow Centrify: