Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Advisor
jviola

Re: telnet using kerberos

Were you able to duplicate this error in the labs?

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
jviola

Any updates?  Are you still working on this?

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Steven_Wong

We have reproduced the same issue on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5.6 by using the latest release of Centrify Express for Linux and the Centrify-Enabled Kerberos Tools. We have escalated the issue to engineering for further investigation and will get back to you soon of our findings.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
jviola

Thanks for the update.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
jviola

Hoping for an update?  Any word yet?

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Steven_Wong

As informed by engineering, we confirmed that it is a bug on our Centrify DirectManage Express package and we will address this issue in the future release.

Please use plain text.
Centrify
Raman

We made a typo above, we meant it is a bug in Centrify DirectControl for Express and we will address this issue in a future release, probably next.

thanks
Raman

Centrify Support

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
sjobeck

A fresh install of latest stable version of Express Edition, on a stock, fully up-to-date centOS 5.10 system, and still seeing this error.

Just updating this thread.

We still need to resolve this small bug.

Any updates?

Thanks, Jason 

Please use plain text.
Centrify
Robertson

Jason,

I have no visibility to when this will be resolved, but may I ask, why is TELNET being used?

If Keberos is being leveraged for the Authentication this means that there's a need to have some sort of security for the credential exchange;  I can also safely assume that the data that you are taking countermeasures to encrypt the traffic in a different layer (maybe SSL or TLS).

If you're going through those lenghts, why not consider our commercial versions?  Not only you'll get more capabilities, but you'll be in a better position to ask for this to be prioritized.

R.P

Want to learn more about practical Centrify examples? Check out my blog at http://centrifying.blogspot.com
Please use plain text.