- Have the latest Centrify Mac Agent installed on the test Mac.
- Have access to Group Policy Management console (GPMC) on a Windows machine and an ID with the privileges to make changes to the group policy.
- Centrify Group Policy templates imported into the GPMC per the instructions found here - https://www.centrify.com/support/customer-support-
- Launch Group Policy Management console.
- Create a new GPO in the OU where the users reside.
- Go to User Configuration-->Policies-->Centrify Settings--> Mac OSX Settingsà Dock Settings and choose “Place Applications in Dock”, per the screen shot below:
- Then on the Policy tab, select the “enabled” radio button and click the Add button. Specify the application per the screen shot below and click the “OK” button and then click the “OK” button again.
Now on your test Mac machine, login and validate that the MacDiagnosticTool that comes with the Centrify Agent shows up on the user’s Dock. Like the screen shot below.
Please remember that the fall back for finding out what group policies are being applied is to go the /var/centrifydc/reg on the file system. This is where the Centrify Agent creates a virtual registry. You will find the machine policies in gp.report file in the machine subfolder and the user policies in gp.report file in the user/$User subfolder.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.