Centrify - Securing the Cross Platform Data Center

The Centrify Apple Guys

LMcAndrew

Announcing DirectControl for Mobile

by ‎02-13-2012 11:31 PM - edited ‎02-13-2012 11:31 PM

Enterprises are now being flooded by a large number of personal iPhones and iPads, or they're handing out company owned devices to their employees. 

The challenge is tracking them as corporate devices, where you have some management over the mailbox and can set other security policies.

We are pleased to announce DirectControl for Mobile, and as part of this release we are also offering Express for Mobile.

What is DirectControl for Mobile?

It's a way to manage iPhones and iPads remotely using Active DIrectory and Group Policy, in the same way we manage Macs. 

How do I set DirectControl for Mobile up?

1) Install our Cloud Proxy Server on a Windows server in your environment. 

2) Register your management agent with the Centrify Cloud Service and get your 5 digit customer ID.

3) Set up your IOS Group Policies for passcode strength, Exchange setup, VPN, WIFI, etc

Screen Shot 2012-02-13 at 2.19.02 PM.png

4) From the iOS device, go to http://cloud.centrify.com/iosenroll. Enter your 5 digit customer ID along with your AD username and password. 

At this point the device will be registered in your Active Directory, and the Group Policies will be pushed to your device. 

The policies are delivered over the air by a Centrify hosted cloud service. Whenever IOS group policy changes are made in Active Directory they will be automatically pushed to all registered devices within a few moments. 

What are the advantages to this approach?

1) Simple installation and setup.

2) Uses existing AD infrastructure for storing device objects

3) Uses existing Group Policy Tools for managing iOS policies

4) No firewall changes required for the Centrify proxy.

5) No modifications to the Active Directory schema

6) Users can self-register their devices

7) Administrators can see all the devices registered to their employees, and can lock/unlock or wipe as necessary.

Screen Shot 2012-02-13 at 2.42.53 PM.png

Currently available options for management:

Screen Shot 2012-02-13 at 2.54.00 PM.png

What else can I manage on the device?

We manage the standard Apple MDM configuration settings, but we do it all with Group Policy tools.

Screen Shot 2012-02-13 at 2.26.46 PM.png

Here's how you configure Exchange

Screen Shot 2012-02-13 at 2.57.13 PM.png

Where can I get it?

The beta is currently available. Go to http://www.centrify.com/mobile for more information or to download.

What about Android?

Our worker-bees are very busy building an Android version, stay tuned.  It should be here in a few weeks. 

Are you going to provide a Mobile App so I can enroll via an app vs. going to a web page?

Yes, like Android, that will be out very shortly.

Post a Comment
Be sure to enter a unique name. You can't reuse a name that's already in use.
Be sure to enter a unique email address. You can't reuse an email address that's already in use.
Type the characters you see in the picture above.Type the words you hear.