Centrify App Not Working After Android 8.0 Oreo Update

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Participant II
#1 of 7 3,327

Centrify App Not Working After Android 8.0 Oreo Update

Centrify app was working just fine when my Note 8 was running Androi 7.0. Today I updated to Android 8.0. But now when I open the app it only loads a blank white screen on its start up and simply closes itself after few secs. How do I fix it?

Centrify Contributor II
#2 of 7 3,296

Re: Centrify App Not Working After Android 8.0 Oreo Update

Hi GarryJoshi

Welcome to Centrify Community!

I found some issues happening on Android 8.0 recently. Centrify gave a fix on 18.1. May I know if your centrify client app is 18.1 or later? If not, is there any chance to upgrade to latest version to see if the issue still happens?

Hope everything will go well. Please let us know if you have further questions. 

Kind Regards,

Yeny

Participant II
#3 of 7 3,233

[ Edited ]

Hi Yeny, yes must be some compatiblity issues earlier. However upon uninstallation and reinstallation of the app's latest version it's working just fine once again :) Thank you so much for your response.

Garry Joshi

Participant II
#4 of 7 3,217

@Yenywrote:

Hi GarryJoshi

Welcome to Centrify Community!

I found some issues happening on Android 8.0 recently. Centrify gave a fix on 18.1. May I know if your centrify client app is 18.1 or later? If not, is there any chance to upgrade to latest version to see if the issue still happens?

Hope everything will go well. Please let us know if you have further questions. 

Kind Regards,

Yeny

On uninstallation and reinstallation of the app it worked for about 24 hours but the problem seems to return once again as I am encountering the very same issue of the first. Not a compatbility issue I am sure this time because I am already on latest version of the app yy997532.

Centrify Contributor II
#5 of 7 2,902

Hi GarryJoshi

Apologize to have kept you waiting. Recently we received some cases regarding on Android 8.0 and Engineering is working on it. As the issue cannot be reproduced on my end, is there any chance to send us the device log for further investigate? 

KB-7410: How to capture Android device logs for support escalations

https://centrify.force.com/support/Article/KB-7410-How-to-capture-Android-device-logs-for-support-es...

Kind Regards,

Yeny

Participant I
#6 of 7 2,054

Technolgy is continuously transforming in the smartest way. Mobile app development companies are also facing critical consequences after the quick  launching of Android 8.0.

Highlighted
Participant I
#7 of 7 225

Android app development experts should consider this tips while developing their apps. Same issues with my S7 Active  Has always been a perfect phone until the 8.0 update.