Is there a way to create a report that shows what role a user is in during an event?

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Participant III
#1 of 4 2,014
Accepted Solution

Is there a way to create a report that shows what role a user is in during an event?

Hi all,

I am wondering if there is a way to evaluate what role a user was using when opening an application?

I tried to create a report with this information in it but I noticed that all columns associated with "Role" from Event are blank/empty when it comes to Cloud.Saas.Application events. The only time I've seen any non-empty instances of "Roles"  in reports is through the Cloud.Core.Access.Role events (did not appear useful for what I need) or with AzRole which always states the generic "WebRole" (I would like to list out specific roles we made in our Centrify environment ie Splunk Admin, AWS-Production etc).

Basically, is there any way to create a report to associate a user with the role they used at all? Or does Centrify not have that capability for some reason?

I would appreciate any guidance on the matter. Many thanks in advance! 

Centrify
#2 of 4 1,998

Re: Is there a way to create a report that shows what role a user is in during an event?

Hi Chegihea,

There is currently no report to get a full list of what role a user is using now. You might find roles from the "Event" table but this is the role change events usually. For example, 

select Event.ID AS _ID,Role.ID as _RoleID, User.ID as _UserID, whenoccurred as _I18N_Date,Role,EditType,PrincipalName,NormalizedUser as _I18N_ChangedBy from event join Role on event.RoleId = Role.ID join User on event.UserGuid = User.ID where whenoccurred > datefunc('now', '-30') and eventtype='Cloud.Core.Access.Role.Edit' order by whenoccurred desc

This is a great idea though - I recommend that you post the suggestion up on our new Idea Exchange board - this is direct line to our Product Managers who hold all the keys in deciding what new features to consider for future releases:
- http://community.centrify.com/t5/Centrify-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/Centrify-Idea-Exchange

In the meanwhile, you might get the user role list by API - "GetUsersRolesAndAdministrativeRights"

For more details of the API, please visit :

https://developer.centrify.com/

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,
Yeny Yip

Participant III
#3 of 4 1,986

Re: Is there a way to create a report that shows what role a user is in during an event?

Hi Yeny,

That is crazy that Centrify does not have this capability since I feel like it is a major functionality of Centrify. I will be sure to post on the exchange board and hopefully you guys can get that ball moving.

Thank you for letting me know though! I would have gone crazy trying to figure it out on my own.

Best,
chegihea
Community Manager
#4 of 4 1,974

Hi @chegihea,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I definitely understand where you are coming from, and I've forwarded this thread to our product management team. 

The Idea Exchange is a great place to collaborate with other Centrify customers and our product management team. Your account has been enabled with the access needed to post a new idea. Please do not hesitate to send me a private message if have any questions.

Regards,

AntonC
Community Manager

Community FAQ | Documentation | Support Portal | Centrify Trust | @CentrifySupport on Twitter
Follow Centrify:
Giving Kudos is a great way to thank our community contributors!
Problem Solved? Click "Accepted as Solution" so this information can help other users.

Centrify products will be available exclusively via a subscription-based model effective July 1, 2018.
Learn more: https://www.centrify.com/pricing/
These opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer.