A login suffix with the name already exists. Please enter a new name and try again

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Participant II
#1 of 7 1,136

A login suffix with the name already exists. Please enter a new name and try again

Hello all members, 

I do not know who registered or how to retrieve my domain in Centrify Saas. 

I do not know the admin account, nothing.

I only have access to my DNS

How should I proceed?

Centrify
#2 of 7 1,097

Re: A login suffix with the name already exists. Please enter a new name and try again

Hi,

As the login suffix must be unique in Centrify, you could only choose another suffix if it has been used by someone else.

As you said you do not have admin account, may I know where you setup the login suffix?

Thanks,

Vicki

Participant II
#3 of 7 1,071

Re: A login suffix with the name already exists. Please enter a new name and try again

Hello Vickiz

but we need to bind the (login) the same as the email address.

Let's integrate the AD with Centrify as well.

Participant II
#4 of 7 1,055

any alternative?

Or unfortunately I lost my domain suffix?

Centrify Guru I
#5 of 7 1,051

@jorgeorei2,

Are you using Express or the commercial version?

If using the commercial version and are using professional services, discuss with your implementation lead.  This is typically part of your design conversation.

Note you can also create an alias.

https://docs.centrify.com/Content/CoreServices/UsersRoles/ADCreateAlias.htm

R.P

Want to learn more about practical Centrify examples? Check out my blog at http://centrifying.blogspot.com
Follow Centrify:
Participant II
#6 of 7 1,049

Hello Robertson

Thanks for the sugestion.

I using Express version.

The AD in question has more than 10 different domains to authenticate.

I would like users to log in to their respective @domains.com.

Centrify Guru I
#7 of 7 1,046

As long as user's login names (samaccountname) are unique, you don't need to specify a suffix.

What I've seen are two types of strategies:

a) Map to the emai suffix  (this eliminates confusion between AD UPNs and email suffixes).

b) Map to a generic suffix.  E.g.  user@company.sso  (note that there's no need to conform to DNS's RFC1035 naming).

E.g. in some of my demo environments I use .demo  (e.g.  @Robertson.demo).

R.P

Want to learn more about practical Centrify examples? Check out my blog at http://centrifying.blogspot.com
Follow Centrify: