Admin Portal - Compliance Status and No Location Information Available
09-27-2017 08:09 PM
In the endpoints section of the admin portal, you can view endpoints in list view or location view. I have 2 minor issues;
1. In list view the Compliance status is blank for all mobile devices, however I know they are compliant because if I look at indivdual device details or filter for non compliant endpoints nothing shows up as non compliant.
2. In location view none of the endpoits show up. All I get is a message no location information available. I have location services enabled on all devices and I have Report Mobile Device Location set to True in the Centrify GPO assigned to these devices.
Any ideas on either of these issues? Thanks.
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-30-2017 08:14 PM
Welcome back to the forums. While my coworkers chime-in, can you specify:
a) What type of endpoints you currently have enrolled?
b) Are they GPS-capable?
c) If this is OS X - how up-to-date are those systems?
10-01-2017 11:05 AM
Make sure the OS X systems are entolled with the latest Centrify cloud client (different than adclient). Type cinfo in terminal, if you get output, you have it.
Also, make sure users have not opted-out of GPS.
10-01-2017 08:31 PM
I have no OS X systems, only IOS, no one has opted out of GPS. I switched to the polices used in the Admin portal rather than the local Group Policy Editor and location started working so it wold seem that perhaps I dont have the latest options in my local Group Policy Editor, although I thought I did. If my assumption is correct do you know where I cna get the updated Group Policy Template I'd rather nto use the Certrify Directory Policy Service if I can avoid it.
10-02-2017 06:21 AM
Without additional information, it would be difficult to attribute the issue to the policy delivery method.
That being said, to update the mobile tools:
- In your management station, run Centrify connector setup
- In the Custom Setup page, make sure the Centrify for Mobile Tools > Group Policy Console extension is selected.
(You don't need the Connector or ADUC extension).
- When you complete setup, your GP Editor will have the ability to edit Identity Service mobile policies.
Note: Do this every time there's a new release (typically monthly).