× Welcome to the Centrify Community! We are rolling out product name changes — click here to learn more.

Admin Portal - Compliance Status and No Location Information Available

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Participant III
#1 of 7 940
Accepted Solution

Admin Portal - Compliance Status and No Location Information Available

Hello,

In the endpoints section of the admin portal, you can view endpoints in list view or location view. I have 2 minor issues;

1. In list view the Compliance status is blank for all mobile devices, however I know they are compliant because if I look at indivdual device details or filter for non compliant endpoints nothing shows up as non compliant.

2. In location view none of the endpoits show up. All I get is a message no location information available. I have location services enabled on all devices and I have Report Mobile Device Location set to True in the Centrify GPO assigned to these devices.

Any ideas on either of these issues? Thanks.

Centrify Guru I
#2 of 7 897

Re: Admin Portal - Compliance Status and No Location Information Available

@radiocooke,

Welcome back to the forums.  While my coworkers chime-in, can you specify:

a) What type of endpoints you currently have enrolled?

b) Are they GPS-capable?

c) If this is OS X - how up-to-date are those systems?

R.P

Want to learn more about practical Centrify examples? Check out my blog at http://centrifying.blogspot.com
Follow Centrify:
Participant III
#3 of 7 888

All endpoints are IOS devices running IOS 10.3 or later & all are GPS capable

Centrify Guru I
#4 of 7 882

The answer to #3 is also important to prescribe.

Make sure the OS X systems are entolled with the latest Centrify cloud client (different than adclient). Type cinfo in terminal, if you get output, you have it.

Also, make sure users have not opted-out of GPS.
Want to learn more about practical Centrify examples? Check out my blog at http://centrifying.blogspot.com
Follow Centrify:
Participant III
#5 of 7 876

I have no OS X systems, only IOS, no one has opted out of GPS. I switched to the polices used in the Admin portal rather than the local Group Policy Editor and location started working so it wold seem that perhaps I dont have the latest options in my local Group Policy Editor, although I thought I did. If my assumption is correct do you know where I cna get the updated Group Policy Template I'd rather nto use the Certrify Directory Policy Service if I can avoid it.

Centrify Guru I
#6 of 7 872

[ Edited ]

Without additional information, it would be difficult to attribute the issue to the policy delivery method.

That being said, to update the mobile tools:

1. In your management station, run Centrify connector setup 
  2. In the Custom Setup page, make sure the Centrify for Mobile Tools > Group Policy Console extension is selected. 
    (You don't need the Connector or ADUC extension).
  3. When you complete setup, your GP Editor will have the ability to edit Identity Service mobile policies.

Note: Do this every time there's a new release (typically monthly).

test.png

Follow Centrify:
Participant III
#7 of 7 809

I ran the update and it appears to have corrected the issue, thanks very much for your help!