× Welcome to the Centrify Community! We are rolling out product name changes — click here to learn more.

Enable the ability for users to add other email accounts

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Participant II
#1 of 3 936

Enable the ability for users to add other email accounts

I have Centrify pushing out an Exchange Email auto config, which works just fine.

One the iPhone however, the ability to add other accounts seems to be locked down. I do not see a setting in any of the iOS configuration settings that would "enable" or "disable" adding more email accounts.

How can I allow through MDM policy the ability to allow users to add other email accounts?

Slamdance

Centrify Advisor I
#2 of 3 891

Re: Enable the ability for users to add other email accounts

Hello Slamdance! Welcome back to the Community portal!

At first, I would like to get clarity on the issue with the user not having the ablity to add an additional mail account on the iOS device.

Does the user have the ability to manually add an additional mail account under Settings > Mail on the iOS device? If not, is the feature greyed out?

Is it possible the iOS device is Supervised?

Thanks,

Kequa

KJones
Participant II
#3 of 3 880

Re: Enable the ability for users to add other email accounts

The users do not have the ability to add another account. The existing account, Exchange, is greyed out and you can't change the settings.
But the "add Account" option doesn't even exist. Yes, the devices are supervised.
So it seems if I push out Exchange settings, it completely removes the ability to add other accounts?
Or does putting the device in supervised mode remove the option to add accounts?

Thanks!