Please Help

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Master I
#11 of 19 8,845

Re: Please Help

Go to applications --> utilities --> terminal per http://www.wikihow.com/Open-Applications-Using-Terminal-on-Mac and run that command in the terminal app that opens up. In other words we need you to type that command in.
Follow Centrify:
Master I
#12 of 19 8,843

Remember to follow these steps to uninstall / "clean up"

http://community.centrify.com/t5/Express-for-Smart-Card/Please-Help/m-p/18829#M257

Follow Centrify:
Participant I
#13 of 19 8,319

[ Edited ]

Hi Brian,

I have been trying for the past few hours and over the last couple of days to have my SCR3500 reader and Centrify Express software read my CAC card. 

I followed your instructions to Scott (that you sent on 10-28-2014; http://community.centrify.com/t5/Express-for-Smart-Card/Please-Help/m-p/18829#M257) for Cleanup and Reinstall several times. Unfortunately, every time that I start the Smart Card Assistant application and click "Diagnostics," then "Run," the "no smartcards found" message pops up.

My CAC card (GEMAL TO DLGX4-A 144 type) does not show up in the Keychain access window either. I am running Mac OS X 10.7.5 and the USB reader does recognize the SCR3500 reader when I plug it in. 

Like some folks here, I am at a complete loss as to how to proceed next. Your help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Katrina 

Highlighted
Kudos: 171
Blog Posts: 24
Solutions: 25
#14 of 19 8,312

Hi Katrina,

There are a couple of things we can look into:

(1) The OS:

If possible, are you able to test with a more recent version of OS X? 

In my experience - smart card support in OS X was temperamental around the late 10.7 / early 10.8 versions, before settling down in the 10.9 / 10.10 generations. 

Be aware that we also investigated your exact model of smart card here:

http://community.centrify.com/t5/Express-for-Smart-Card/Issues-with-OS-X-10-10-2/td-p/19760

So while the card is supported, it looks like the version of OS X is significant with this particular model of card.

(2) Related to the thread above:

- If you insert and remove and then insert the card again a couple of times, does it invoke any change in the keychain?

(3) The reader:

It would also be extremely beneficial if you had a different model of reader to compare with as well.

===

The important thing is to get that card appearing in the Keychain - if you have all the needed smart card drivers installed, no conflicting software present and the cache is cleared - yet the card is still not appearing when inserted, then we need to look into and verify both the OS side and the reader side. 

Kind regards,

Brian

Participant II
#15 of 19 7,961

Brian,

I am running Mac 10.7.5 with an HID Omnikey 3121. Mac recognizes "Smart Card Reader" under system report, but CAC does not show up in Keychain. 

I've downloaded the firmware for the Omnikey and I have the System CACerts in place (25-32). I've noticed: of the two lights on the Omnikey 3121, only the green one on the left lights up even when the CAC is inserted. 

I performed the uninstall/reinstall process mentioned at the beginning of this thread and still no luck. Do I have a broken CAC reader (Omnikey)? Or am I still missing something on the software side of things?

Thank you for the support here.

Participant II
#16 of 19 7,960

Sorry: I also have Centrify downloaded and running. When I perform diagnostics it reads "No smart cards found." As expected, given that the CAC does not show up in Keychain. Thanks again.
Kudos: 171
Blog Posts: 24
Solutions: 25
#17 of 19 7,917

HI Marchall,

For your card reader, it looks like there are two version of firmware available:

- An experimental build, v4.1.8 released 09/04/2015

- A stable build, v3.9.0 released 08/20/2013

Have you checked with both firmware versions to see if either one will make the certs appear in your Keychain?

Between each version, make sure to clear the tokend cache under:

/var/db/TokenCache/tokens/

..before inserting the smart card.

Kind regards,

Brian

Master V
#18 of 19 6,387

[Admin Note] Split new question into its own thread.

Participant II
#19 of 19 1,413

I have a Mac running Mojave 10.14.1 and a SCR3310v2 card reader that works fine on a PC. I have followed all the instructions on the militarycac and centrify express sites. Centrify express is installed and shows my reader, my Mac sees the reader, I deleted all other enablers and installed Centrify again, I see my CAC in the kechain app, I have all the appropriate certificates given on the military CAC site, I disabled the Mojave default card reader application, and I reinstalled the drivers for the reader.

I followed these instructions:

https://community.centrify.com/t5/Centrify-Express/Read-Me-1st-Common-OS-X-Smart-Card-troubleshootin...

When I go to a CAC enabled site it does not even bring up the CAC PIN UI. It just goes to the login and password option (not CAC). Sites I have tried are: MOL, MCTIMS, and MarineNet.

Please help. I do not want to buy a PC just to have a working CAC reader. 

Thank you.