Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Participant II
#1 of 8 10,053
Accepted Solution

iCloud Backup still disabled after enabling in GPO

Hello - We are having quite the time trying to figure out a problem we are having with iCloud Backup.  In our Centrify GPO settings, I have both Permit iCloud Backup and Permit iCloud document sync enabled, and have updated policies/reinstalled policies/unenrolled and reenrolled the phone only to have it still greyed out on the phone.  As soon as I hit unenroll device, it automatically enables and i can use icloud backup. 

Up until this point, we have had icloud disabled due to HIPAA laws.  We recently recieved new iphone 5s's and want our clients to use icloud to backup before we setup their new phones so they dont lose anything they have on their current iphone.  We want to temporarily allow it(and I have attempted to set this) then disable it again once the clients new iphone is configured.  It has been almost a week since i made the change, and nothing but unenrolling the device seems to get it to re-enable the option for iCloud backup.  And as you can imagine, that is a nightmare situation for IT. 

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Centrify Master V
#2 of 8 10,050

Re: iCloud Backup still disabled after enabling in GPO

Greetings and thanks for posting in the Centrify Community. The iCloud policy options for backup and document sync should permit the actions if the policy is enabled and the "Permit iCloud backup" option is also selected. Our test devices show correct behavior when this policy is enabled or disabled - the option to allow iCloud backup is available or disabled by the policy as expected. It's important to note that these policy options will only apply to devices running iOS 6 and higher.

Your notes did not mention the iOS version or device in use - can you please clarify? It would also be helpful to know what version of the Centrify MobileManager app is installed on the device. Does this issue happen on all devices or just a single device?

I would be happy to review your policy settings if you like so we can try to reproduce your issue. Feel free to submit a Group Policy report (.htm) to communitysupport@centrify.com - right-click the GPO and "save report"

Thanks for your assistance.

Participant II
#3 of 8 10,047

The version of iOS running is 6.1.3-7.0.3. Have not gotten it to work at all regardless.

Participant II
#4 of 8 10,045

I will send a GPO report right now
Participant II
#5 of 8 10,043

Report is sent.

Participant II
#6 of 8 10,024

Possible the ADM file is out of date?  If so, how would I go about obtaining the current adm file?

Centrify Master V
#7 of 8 10,023

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the report. It looks like the GPO is not set or processing correctly as the policy options show "0" instead of "1" - the policy is not enabled according to the report. Just to be clear, is this the correct GPO associated with the container configured with the Cloud Proxy Configuration utility? Obviously the policy will not have the desired effect if the settings do not actually update in the GPO.

When the proxy is installed, it includes a set of group policy extensions. You may want to verify you have proxy version 13.10 installed to ensure the most up-to-date policy options. You can always install the policy extensions later or perform a "repair" install if you feel files or settings are missing.

If you edit the GPO but do not see the changes reflected in the report, you may want to create a new GPO and retest.

Participant I
#8 of 8 918

Usually, due to insufficient iCloud storage, unstable Internet connection, insufficient iOS system or hardware problems, iCloud backup does not work properly. Correspondingly, you can check storage space, network connections, iCloud and iOS version updates, reset all settings, and more. If you don't know what to do, you can refer to this article:https://www.fonecope.com/fix-icloud-backup-not-working.html