"The app has encountered a network error"

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Participant II
#1 of 9 4,602

"The app has encountered a network error"

Hi !

I am unable to enroll my Andorid phone (v2.3.4). After entering the Customer Id and AD credentials into the Centrifty Mobile Manager App, I get the following error popup after about 30 seconds of "Logging in..." :
"Unable to login
The app has encountered a network error"

My phone has full Internet accees using WiFi (e-mail, calendar synchronizing, web browsing, etc) and I have also tried over 3G with the same result.
I have tried several times over a 2-week period too.

Any ideas ?

(Customer Id = PW166)

Cheers & TIA !

/T

Community Manager
#2 of 9 4,599

Re: "The app has encountered a network error"

Hi, 

Thanks for taking the time to use our Beta release. Can you try the following 

1. Open the "Cloud Manager" and try to login ? 

2. If you are not able to login we will need to collect additional info from your proxy server

Send me an email ( raman.kumar@centrify.com ) with the results and I will collect the necessary info ( logs etc ) 

thanks

Raman 

Participant II
#3 of 9 4,594

Hi !

Thanks for the quick response.
You got mail ;)

/T

Participant III
#4 of 9 4,550

I'm also getting the same error message. This error is reproducable by doing the following:

1. Enroll fresh Android device with Company ID, AD username, AD password.
  2. After confirming device is enrolled, it appears in Centrify Cloud Mangement and in ADUC.
  3. Perform a Remote Wipe action from the AD computer account of the Android device.
  4. After Android device is wiped, re-install the Centrify app and re-enroll device with the same info in step 1.
  5. Tap Login.
  6. Tap Enroll.
  7. You will recieve same the "The app has encountered a network error" error message.

In the Centrify Cloud Management website, the Android device will show with a state of 'Enrolling'. I am unable to delete the device from the cloud console. Not sure if it will eventually expire and delete on its own if it's stuck in an 'Enrolling' state.

However, you can enter in a different AD username/password other than the one entered in step 1, tap Login, tap Enroll, and it will enroll succcessfully.

Community Manager
#5 of 9 4,538

Hi Chris925

I ran through the use case on my Android and I am able to reproduce the issue. I have waited for an hour or so before I tried again but I am still seeing this error message. Let me open a bug with our Engg group and I'll keep you posted if there is a workaround for the time being.

thanks

Raman

Centrify Support

Participant II
#6 of 9 3,686

sounds like the same problem i have except using another user name didnt rectify the situation for me ...

Participant II
#7 of 9 1,091

This issue was long ago solved if am not wrong, but facing the same issue again with the latest update! Any fix yet?

Regards,
Smith
Contributor I
#8 of 9 1,089

Policy settings? I ran into this a long time as well and enabling invite based enrollment fixed it.

https://centrify.force.com/support/Article/KB-9610-Getting-Network-unavailable-error-when-a-User-is-...
Participant II
#9 of 9 780

sounds like the same problem i have except using another user name didnt rectify the situation for me

In the Centrify Cloud Management website, the Android device will show with a state of 'Enrolling'. I am unable to delete the device from the cloud console. Not sure if it will eventually expire and delete on its own if it's stuck in an 'Enrolling' state.

However, you can enter in a different AD username/password other than the one entered in step 1, tap Login, tap Enroll, and it will enroll succcessfully.