× Welcome to the Centrify Community! We are rolling out product name changes — click here to learn more.

some AD users are not shown on Users page of Centrify Admin Portal

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Participant III
#1 of 5 1,453

some AD users are not shown on Users page of Centrify Admin Portal

Dear Centrify experts,

I usually go to Centrify Admin Portal – Roles – Office 365 – Members to add AD users and provide O365 licenses. And usually the users appear on Users page of Centrify Admin Portal. But some of my AD users are not shown there. 

How can I fix it? Any help would be really appreciated.

Centrify Advisor IV
#2 of 5 1,451

Re: some AD users are not shown on Users page of Centrify Admin Portal

Hello,

When using the Admin Portal, the AD Users you can see are in fact dynamically read from AD by the Centrify Connector. The query is made by the Connector using is own machine credentials (Windows Computer account). If there are AD Users that do not appear, it could be they are located into OU that are not readable by default by any Users? Or maybe that they are located into a foreign Domain/Forest for which the Connector have no sufficent read Access?

Anyway, adding Users straight from the Admin Portal is of course serving it's purpose but... Why not simply assign an AD Group (maybe named "O365-Users") to the Role and then manage membership directly from AD rather than adding AD Users? IMO, using an AD Group will greatly simplify your management here.

Hope that helps,

Fab

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to mark posts as "Solution" to help other identify quickly the answers. And don't be afraid to deliver Kudos as well when you are happy with the solution ;)
Participant III
#3 of 5 1,433

Hello Fabrice,

Thank you for your explanation. I will definitely try membership management  via AD Group. 

Fabrice>  If there are AD Users that do not appear, it could be they are located into OU that are not readable by default by any Users?

Both shown and not shown users are from the same OU... This is not an OU read issue. And our AD is single domain.

I had no time to play with it yesterday. And when I open Admin Portal today I can see all the users appear. Very strange. It somehow solved itself. I would like to know what causes such a delay for some AD accounts? Any idea?

Centrify Advisor IV
#4 of 5 1,427

Ohhh wait a minute... I think I slightly misunderstood what you said by "Users are not showing"

I thought you were talking about that they won't show up when adding them as Members of a Role in the Admin Portal. But it seems that what you meant is that, even added to a Role, they are not showing into the Users list in the Admin Protal, right?

In that case explanation is rather simple. When you add the User to a Role, that means he is now entitled to access your Office 365 App, for which there is provisioning enabled (syncing AD Users into your Office 365 tenant).

Fact is an AD User will only appears into the Users list when they are provisioned by Centrify, i.e. once they logged in at least once to the User portal or to Office 365 (and then redirected to the Centrify Cloud). When they log in the first time this will trigger the provisioning and then they will appear in the User list. Provisioning for Apps is also triggered by default every night, this would also make the missing Users appear in the list. So whatever come first, Users loging in or the nighlty provisioning job, will add the AD User to the known Users list.

Hope that make sense.

Fab

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to mark posts as "Solution" to help other identify quickly the answers. And don't be afraid to deliver Kudos as well when you are happy with the solution ;)
Highlighted
Participant III
#5 of 5 1,399

Thank you, Fabrice. Now I undestarnd this.