× Welcome to the Centrify Community! We are rolling out product name changes — click here to learn more.

How to change a password when "Everybody shares a single user name" is selected

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Participant II
#1 of 3 176
Accepted Solution

How to change a password when "Everybody shares a single user name" is selected

Looking to find the best practice way to change a password of an application where "Everybody shares a single user name" is selected as the log in method.

As far as I can see, it appears that the only way to add an application with this setting is through the admin portal - is this accurate?  If so, I'm looking for a way to be able to have managers be able to update or add credentials to these shared accounts without having access to the entire admin portal.  My work around was to grant a role application management and read only sys admin rights, but this still gives them access to far more information than I'd like (albeit read-only). 

looking to see if you can add applications through the user portal with "Everybody shares a single user name" Account Mapping, or a way to limit admin portal access to a specific aspect, i.e. "Apps" without giving access to "Endpoints".

Thank you

Centrify Advisor III
#2 of 3 146

Re: How to change a password when "Everybody shares a single user name" is selected

Hi ecotteraq,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Could you please try to create a role with only application management (i.e. without read-only sys admin right) right and assign it to your test user? User with that role shouldn't be able to see any objects in Endpoints.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to let us know if there is any further question.

Thanks,

Henry

Participant II
#3 of 3 144

Re: How to change a password when "Everybody shares a single user name" is selected

Goodness, I thought I had tried that - I must've rushed the process.  Thank you for the help!