× Welcome to the Centrify Community! We are rolling out product name changes — click here to learn more.

Is there a way to create a report that shows what role a user is in during an event?

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Participant II
#1 of 4 363
Accepted Solution

Is there a way to create a report that shows what role a user is in during an event?

Hi all,

I am wondering if there is a way to evaluate what role a user was using when opening an application?

I tried to create a report with this information in it but I noticed that all columns associated with "Role" from Event are blank/empty when it comes to Cloud.Saas.Application events. The only time I've seen any non-empty instances of "Roles"  in reports is through the Cloud.Core.Access.Role events (did not appear useful for what I need) or with AzRole which always states the generic "WebRole" (I would like to list out specific roles we made in our Centrify environment ie Splunk Admin, AWS-Production etc).

Basically, is there any way to create a report to associate a user with the role they used at all? Or does Centrify not have that capability for some reason?

I would appreciate any guidance on the matter. Many thanks in advance! 

Centrify
#2 of 4 347

Re: Is there a way to create a report that shows what role a user is in during an event?

Hi Chegihea,

There is currently no report to get a full list of what role a user is using now. You might find roles from the "Event" table but this is the role change events usually. For example, 

select Event.ID AS _ID,Role.ID as _RoleID, User.ID as _UserID, whenoccurred as _I18N_Date,Role,EditType,PrincipalName,NormalizedUser as _I18N_ChangedBy from event join Role on event.RoleId = Role.ID join User on event.UserGuid = User.ID where whenoccurred > datefunc('now', '-30') and eventtype='Cloud.Core.Access.Role.Edit' order by whenoccurred desc

This is a great idea though - I recommend that you post the suggestion up on our new Idea Exchange board - this is direct line to our Product Managers who hold all the keys in deciding what new features to consider for future releases:
- http://community.centrify.com/t5/Centrify-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/Centrify-Idea-Exchange

In the meanwhile, you might get the user role list by API - "GetUsersRolesAndAdministrativeRights"

For more details of the API, please visit :

https://developer.centrify.com/

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,
Yeny Yip

Participant II
#3 of 4 335

Re: Is there a way to create a report that shows what role a user is in during an event?

Hi Yeny,

That is crazy that Centrify does not have this capability since I feel like it is a major functionality of Centrify. I will be sure to post on the exchange board and hopefully you guys can get that ball moving.

Thank you for letting me know though! I would have gone crazy trying to figure it out on my own.

Best,
chegihea
Community Manager
#4 of 4 323

Hi @chegihea,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I definitely understand where you are coming from, and I've forwarded this thread to our product management team. 

The Idea Exchange is a great place to collaborate with other Centrify customers and our product management team. Your account has been enabled with the access needed to post a new idea. Please do not hesitate to send me a private message if have any questions.

Regards,

AntonC
Community Manager

Community FAQ | Documentation | Support Portal | Centrify Trust | @CentrifySupport on Twitter
Follow Centrify:
Giving Kudos is a great way to thank our community contributors!
Problem Solved? Click "Accepted as Solution" so this information can help other users.

These opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer.