Certain iphone clients shown as "Unknown" in the DirectManage Access Manager and Active Directory

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Participant II
#1 of 5 1,891

Certain iphone clients shown as "Unknown" in the DirectManage Access Manager and Active Directory

Hello!

I have  Centrify 5.2.2.171 installed in a server. The DirectManage Access Manager shows all lthe devices connected in the company. The devices are a mixture of LINUX, iOS, Android, CentOS, OS X, SunOS and different versions of Windows. All the devices show up fine except that some of the iOS devices show as follows :

Unknown (SN: EF853KFIELM)_name@domain_JGIKM8G6

The "Unknown" devices have iOS version 11.2.2 or 11.2.5 

Also, the identical "Unknown" items show up in AD also.

Do you mind let us know how to fix this ? Please email me at gkwan@vailsys.com and we can discuss further if necessary.

Centrify Advisor II
#2 of 5 1,865

Re: Certain iphone clients shown as "Unknown" in the DirectManage Access Manager and Activ

Hello gkwan! Welcome to the Community Portal!

We have opened a support case for you to address this issue. A member of our support team will follow up with you via the support case.

Thank you!

KJ

KJones
Centrify Contributor I
#3 of 5 1,664

Re: Certain iphone clients shown as "Unknown" in the DirectManage Access Manager and Activ

We got this issue resolved via the Support case.

For those that are using Active Directory Goup Policy for Endpoints, and are seeing devices names as "Unknown" in AD, please follow these steps:

1. On the iOS device(s), go to Settings > General > About > Name and rename it.

2. Wait 24 hours and check your AD. The name should be updated

3. You can rename it again to give it back its original name.

To check if you are using ActiveDirectory Goup Policy or Centrify Directory Policy Service for Endpoints,

in the Centrify Admin Portal, click on Settings on the left hand side > Endpoints > Endpoint Management Settings > Policy Management.

This issue is caused by something that went wrong at enrollment time. Once enrolled, the device name is updated in both Cloud and AD only if it changes. Because Cloud has the correct names, it will not try to update device name in AD.

Participant II
#4 of 5 1,156

Thanks for the guideline I am looking like the same because recently my phone recovered on this issue with the help of an expert team by dialing iPhone customer service number and tell them the problem. Their team helps me and resolve my problem as very less time this is my current experience with the expert team.

Highlighted
Participant II
#5 of 5 1,152

@teleworm12 wrote:

Thanks for the guideline I am looking like the same because recently my phone recovered on this issue with the help of an expert team by dialing iPhone customer service number and tell them the problem. Their team helps me and resolve my problem as very less time this is my current experience with the expert team.

For more information 

iPhone customer service number