Display login window as name and password shows up after selection at list of users

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Participant II
#1 of 8 8,237

Display login window as name and password shows up after selection at list of users

Newly AD joined macs are prompted by 2 display logins.  Before they get prompted to enter their domain user name and password, they must first respond to selection from list of users.  Is this normal?  Why is "Set Login Window Settings" policy enforcement delayed?

Centrify Guru I
#2 of 8 8,235

Re: Display login window as name and password shows up after selection at list of users

Evo,

Welcome to Centrify.

Can you provide the rest of the board some information?

What is the version of MacOS?

What is the version of Centrify Express for Mac?  (adinfo -v in terminal)

Is this behavior happening in a few or all systems?

Keep in mind that the current and supported version of Centrify Express for Mac is this one:  http://www.centrify.com/express/download.asp?asset=centrifydc-5.2.1-mac10.7.dmg

And that is the only one that supports Mac Yosemite 10.10.

Also, the Cenrify agent must be upgraded PRIOR to any Yosemite upgrade.

R.P

Want to learn more about practical Centrify examples? Check out my blog at http://centrifying.blogspot.com
Follow Centrify:
Participant II
#3 of 8 8,233

Re: Display login window as name and password shows up after selection at list of users

R.P, 

Thanks for the warm welcome, and quick response.

The version of MacOS this occurrs on is 10.10.1 and 10.9.5 (the only 2 joined so far).

CentrifyDC 5.2.1-351 is our version  (adinfo -v in terminal)

Is this behavior happening in a few or all systems? I've only joined these 2 macs so far.

Centrify Guru I
#4 of 8 8,229

[ Edited ]

Evo,

I am assuming you're using the Express Version of Centrify.  If you are using the licensed version, remember that you can open a case with support.

When you said this:

Why is "Set Login Window Settings" policy enforcement delayed?

Does it mean that you're centrally enforcing this  or setting it individually on each machine?

If you are:

a) are you using the Centrify licensed version and doing this via Group Policy?

b) are you using any other means to do this?  What?

c) I hate to ask this, but can you confirm that the radio button here

System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Options > Display login Window as

is set as "Name and Password"

R.P

Want to learn more about practical Centrify examples? Check out my blog at http://centrifying.blogspot.com
Follow Centrify:
Participant II
#5 of 8 8,226

R.P.,

I am using an evaluation of the standard version, and waiting on management approval for purchase.

Yes, I am centrally enforcing this using Centrify Group Policy.

I can confirm the radio button in system prefernces when the users return to the office, but I was under the impression that the policy would handle this. 

Evo

Centrify Guru I
#6 of 8 8,224

[ Edited ]

Hah!  Absolutely it can handle it.  I am sure that's one of the GPOs that was set up for you during the eval.

GPO - set login settings.jpg

The only logical reason that I can see is that  it been ~30 days or so since you started this evaluation and the agent reverted to work in unlicensed mode (no group policies will be processed).

Let me know if that's the case.  You may go around the annoying prompt by just setting this manually for now until you get your permanent license.

You can private-message me your name and company so I can reach back to the technical lead who helped you.

R.P

Follow Centrify:
Participant II
#7 of 8 8,158

I'm only 2 weeks into my eval....the GPO you referenced is what I'm using.  The user's experience the usual login prompt (see screen shots), followed by the GPO provided login prompt and banner.  I've reached out to my tech lead, but he might be out for the holidays.

Highlighted
Centrify Guru I
#8 of 8 8,152

[ Edited ]

Happy to help, but you get Standard Support (that is business hours) as part of the evaluation process.  Rather than waiting for volunteers, you can just open a ticket or call and somebody will get back to you.

Follow the Support > Customer Support Portal > Sign In > Open and Manage my cases.  

You can also call the Tech Support Hotline at (669) 444-5200 Ext 2

You can also email support@centrify.com with the details of your case (the ticket will be opened with regular importance)

I can also escalate this issue for you as well.

Let me know.

R.P

Follow Centrify: