How to import Linux accounts and manage them

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Participant III
#1 of 9 2,083

How to import Linux accounts and manage them

Hi,

We use centrify cloud for all of our windows servers today and I just imported the linux servers this week.  Now I'm trying working on import the linux accounts and their passwords into centrify and manage them through centrify.

I added all of our linux server via discovery mode, with port scan and the only account that's visible under the system for each server that got added is the root account.  There are several accounts on each server and I need to import them in too.

I've installed the Centrify agent of linux and confgured and update the /etc/centrifycc/centrify.conf file to enable account manage and restart the server and centrify service, but don't see any of the accounts on the console..

adclient.local.account.manage: true
adclient.local.account.notification.cli: true

Centrify Contributor II
Centrify Contributor II
#2 of 9 2,054

Re: How to import Linux accounts and manage them

Hi @SD810161

Welcome to Centrify Community!

As there is an on-going support ticketfiled for your company #180914-187666, we will continue the discussion with you at that ticket. 

Thank you!

Amy

Centrify Contributor II
Centrify Contributor II
#3 of 9 2,040

We are enhancing the discovery feature in the upcoming release to discover local accounts on Windows/Unix. 

We will announce this featur to public when it's ready.

Thanks,

Amy

Centrify Contributor II
Centrify Contributor II
#4 of 9 1,930

@SD810161

This feature has been implemened in our 18.9 which has been released to public now!

You will be able to import the Linux accounts by defining a system discovering profile, and utilize the port scanning. 

Please find details from online document https://docs.centrify.com/Content/Infrastructure/privileged-identity-mgmt/DiscoverSysPortProfile.htm...

Thanks,

Amy

Participant III
#5 of 9 1,917

The link isn't working

I get page not found error.

Shailesh

Centrify Contributor II
Centrify Contributor II
#6 of 9 1,858

@SD810161

Please try the URL below again and let us know if it works. Thanks!

https://docs.centrify.com/Content/Infrastructure/privileged-identity-mgmt/DiscoverSysPortProfile.htm

Participant III
#7 of 9 1,849

Hi Amy,

Those steps helped getting the linux system added, but how can I have centrify scan each system and import in the accounts that are local to that system.

Shailesh

Centrify Contributor II
Centrify Contributor II
#8 of 9 1,827

@SD810161

I thought you have mentioned in original post that the systems are added via discovery mode. 

Here is the page for using profile to discover the systems https://docs.centrify.com/Content/Infrastructure/privileged-identity-mgmt/svr_mgr_discovery.htm?cshi...

Thanks,

Amy

Highlighted
Participant III
#9 of 9 1,814

The systems have been added.  I'm trying to add accounts that are on the system now and don't see any any automated way to do this besides input each id manually.

Shailesh