Isilon and Centrify integration

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
NEU
Participant II
#1 of 3 5,226

Isilon and Centrify integration

We are looking forward to use centrify to access/give permission to isilon. Any recommendation of how to integrate these two products would be greately apreciated.

Centrify Guru I
#2 of 3 5,220

Re: Isilon and Centrify integration

NEU,

Let's qualify what you want to accomplish.  If this is what you are looking for:

We are looking forward to use centrify to access/give permission to isilon

Remember that the EMC Isilon, like a NetApp filer and others are closed systems (you can't load the Centrify adclient on them).  So you can't enjoy the same level of AD integration, access controls, and Super User Privilege Management.

Those plaforms provide their own mechanism to grant access/give permissions leveraging AD. I would refer to their documentation.

HOWEVER,  if what you're looking for is to present Centrify zone identity data to the EMC Isilon/NetApp Filer/Others, for the purposes of having seamless unified access to NFS, CIFS or multiprotocol shares across UNIX, Linux, Macs and Windows, then you are in the right place.

The methodology is pretty much the same and involves the use of the Centrify LDAP Proxy.  The LDAP Proxy abstracts Centrify zone data to agentless systems and applications while leveraging our client's ability to get information from AD. 

I covered this (using NetApp as an example) in my blog:  http://centrifying.blogspot.com/2014/07/business-problems-how-to-solve-issue-of.html additionally, KB-3382 is a good place to start.

Otherwise, if your requirement is to control access to these devices, I would refer to the EMC Isilon Documentation (Authentication and access control features, pg. 76) or use a proxied approach.

Let us know,

R.P

Want to learn more about practical Centrify examples? Check out my blog at http://centrifying.blogspot.com
Follow Centrify:
Highlighted
NEU
Participant II
#3 of 3 5,197

Re: Isilon and Centrify integration

Hi Robertson,

that's exactly what i need, will move forward with those recomendations and share information as it goes.