how to deploy access to systems like deploying an app

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Participant I
#1 of 2 535

how to deploy access to systems like deploying an app

I want to deploy access to systems like I can deploy access to apps.  I need the user to be able to enter in their own credentials once they have clicked on the link and initiated the RDP session.

Highlighted
Contributor I
#2 of 2 532

Re: how to deploy access to systems like deploying an app

[ Edited ]

There are a few ways of granting RDP access to systems  via Centrify. If I'm understanding what you're truly asking for, I don't think it is possible today without an RFE.

2 ways you can go about it:

Privilege Access Service User or Privilege Access Service User Portal

While the two rights sound similar, there is a difference to how they are implemented.

PAS User grants the ability to login to the Admin Portal and click Systems under Infrastructure. The user would also need to be assigned a system or set of systems for this to show anything.

PAS User Portal allows the user to see a link to the RDP/SSH session directly on the User Portal without needing to go into the Admin Portal (and also doesn't grant access to the admin portal).

However, you stated: "I need the user to be able to enter in their own credentials once they have clicked on the link and initiated the RDP session."

For PAS User Portal , you need to have accounts assigned and permitted to be used/checked-0ut, etc. The PAS User Portal will not permit you to Manually Enter Accounts.

PAS User WILL allow you to manually enter accounts for the system login, but they would need to go through the Admin Portal.

Additionally, you don't want to grant BOTH PAS User and PAS User Portal rights, as that will essentially give them access to see and attempt to login to ALL the systems you have listed in the Admin Portal.

Privilege Service.PNG