CPS Screen resolution setting or adjustment issue

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Participant II
#1 of 3 3,632

CPS Screen resolution setting or adjustment issue

On CPS RDP resource "Screen Resolution" is a big issue.
It is unconvinced to use CPS RDP resource, Sometimes "Screen Resolution" is too small to work, sometimes "Screen Resolution" is too bit to work, I hope "Screen Resolution" could be like RDP, I could adjustment screen resolution size or become full screen, before I connect to RDP resource or when I am connecting.
It could be helpful when I have to work via CPS.

Centrify Guru I
#2 of 3 3,628

Re: CPS Screen resolution setting or adjustment issue

[ Edited ]

@SkyPai,

Hello and welcome to the Privilege Service forum.

You can get around this by using the Local Client feature introduced in 16.12.  This feature allows you to use the native PuTTY and RDP to connect to resources.

In the case of RDP, the settings of your Remote Desktop Client control the colors, resolution and window size.

In the Settings page, use the Local Client Preferences to select the options accordingly.

lcl.PNG

Supported Clients

In the first releases of this feature, we are starting with Windows systems using PuTTY and the Remote Desktop Client.  We are planning to add Mac OS X and additional clients.

Communication

The connections with the local client are proxied via the Centrify Connector.  This means that if you're coming from the outside, you'll still have to use the web client.

• In the case of RDP, your system should be able to talk to the Centrify Connector over TCP 5555.
  • In the case of SSH, your system should be able to talk to the Centrify Connector over TCP 22.

Capability

Security officers can still do the proctoring of sessions (watch & terminate) and if there is a DirectAudit infrastructure, you can still perform session capture and recording.  In addition, all functions like copy/paste are supported.

Local Client Launcher

We provide a binary that enhances your experience using these features.  The normal behavior (without LCL) s that you'll be provided with a putty shortcut (for SSH) or an RDP file (for Remote Desktop); you can save a few clicks by installing the Local Client Launcher.

R.P

Want to learn more about practical Centrify examples? Check out my blog at http://centrifying.blogspot.com
Follow Centrify:
Highlighted
Participant II
#3 of 3 3,592

Re: CPS Screen resolution setting or adjustment issue

Thanks for your reply

The customer would  use it from outside,
and the supporter give me a KB to manual adjustment URL, it is work, but the customer would accept it.

Thanks again