How to convert domain account to managed?

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Participant II
#1 of 4 2,402

How to convert domain account to managed?

I know I've done this in training but can't figure out how to do it again...

I want to take a user from a domain and have Centrify manage the password, so users can check the password in and out. I can browse the domain and find users, but there's no option (that I can find) to convert it to a managed account. I've found a way to create a new managed account but no way to modify existing. Could somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Centrify Guru I
#2 of 4 2,212

Re: How to convert domain account to managed?

Try the Add button under the Domain's account tab.

domain.png

Want to learn more about practical Centrify examples? Check out my blog at http://centrifying.blogspot.com
Follow Centrify:
Participant II
#3 of 4 2,187

Thank you. However, it looks like I need to know the account password in order to convert it. Is there any way around that? The only way I can think of is to find the account and reset it through Centrify first, and then add it to managed accounts.

Highlighted
Centrify Guru I
#4 of 4 2,184

[ Edited ]

@memmott,

Thanks for your feedback.

That is a limitation of the current release of Infrastructure Services and it's tracking to be addressed in the next version (17.11) along with additional capability.

Stay tuned to the product announcements; the idea is to support the current scenario plus the AD administrative account.

Please note that future capabilities are tracked and may slip based on known or unforeseen circumstances.  Nonetheless we perform monthly updates to our SaaS platform.

R.P

Want to learn more about practical Centrify examples? Check out my blog at http://centrifying.blogspot.com
Follow Centrify: