Centrify Community Guidelines and Terms of Service
09-10-2014 09:52 AM - last edited 04-07-2015 03:44 PM
Welcome to the Centrify Community
We appreciate and request you all to observer the following community rules
- Be respectful. Respect people's time and attention by asking well-thought-out questions and sharing what you've learned so far in your experimentation or prior research. Respect people as individuals by keeping your tone positive and your comments constructive.
- Be relevant. Make sure your contributions are relevant to the mission of the community and to the specific forum or blog where you post. If you have a new question, start a new thread rather than interrupting a conversation. Solicitations are rarely relevant. If you have something you want members to join, participate in, or buy, ask us first.
- Keep your word. Don't post anything that would violate any contractual agreements (copyright, trade secret, or otherwise) or non-disclosure agreements to which you are a party.
- Protect privacy- yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself or your organization that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Share your business email address if you wish, but don't post personal information-your own or anyone else's -including contact information or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent.
- No spamming. The Community site is provided as a convenience for Centrify Customers and users and it is not to be used for promotion of third party services, products, websites or organizations.
- Keep it Legal. You may not post any material that would infringe on any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights of any person. Do not post anything that is deemed illegal by laws, rules or regulations.
- Remember, this site user-generated content. You'll find plenty of good advice here, but remember that your situation, configuration, or implementation may vary from that of the individual sharing a solution. Some advice you find here may even be wrong. Apply the same good judgment here that you would apply to information anywhere on the Internet.
By using these forums you agree to follow these rules as well as the full Terms of Service for the Centrify Community. Centrify reserves the right to remove any content that it deems offensive or irrelevant without any prior notice. This includes any of the following:
- Sexist abuse
- Racist abuse
- Religious abuse
- Personal abuse
- References to illegal or restricted items (Eg. Firearms, explosives, alcohol, restricted medication, etc)
Enjoy your experience
Centirfy Community Team
04-07-2015 03:42 PM
Centrify Corporation Community
Terms of Service
Following are the Terms of Service for the Centrify Corporation Community. Use of the Centrify Corporation Community Site indicates you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms, do not use the Centrify Corporation Community Site.
The Centrify Corporation Community Site is a peer-to-peer support channel for users of Centrify Corporation's products and services. We welcome all users as long as they observe the community rules of conduct set forth in these Terms of Service.
You may not use your registration membership (or allow anyone else to use your registration membership) to post or transmit:
1.Content that is abusive, vulgar, obscene, hateful, fraudulent, or that discloses private matters concerning any person or entity. This includes language, information, or images.
2.Content that is threatening, defamatory or abusive, either between forum members or directed towards any individual, including a moderator, or any entity.
3."Rants," "slams," or legal threats against Centrify Corporation or another person or entity.
4.Bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive comments.
5.Political or religious statements or commentary.
6.Off-topic comments not related to Centrify Corporation’s products and services.
7.Any material that you don't have the right to transmit under law (such as copyright, trade secret, or securities) or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as nondisclosure agreements).
8.Language that promotes illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them. This includes any message that solicits or promotes the use of an illegal substance.
9.Advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation including chain letters, pyramid schemes, class action suits, or charitable appeals. This includes advertising links in signatures.
10.Any file or link to a file that contains viruses, corrupted files, "Trojan Horses," or any other contaminating or destructive features that may damage someone else's computer.
11.Duplicate posts, spam messages, or posts repeated excessively on one or more boards.
12.Messages designed to evade profanity or other filters.
13.Personal phone numbers or physical addresses (to protect privacy).
14.Personal email addresses, private information such as social security numbers, or other contact information that is not your own, including, but not limited to an Centrify Corporation employee's email addresses.
15.Hyperlinks that lead to sites that violate any of the forum guidelines.
16.Any message that impersonates another person or affiliation with an entity, including, but not limited to, Centrify Corporation.
In addition, our guidelines do not permit you to:
1.Intentionally violate any other applicable law or regulation while accessing and using our site.
2.Interfere in any way with the operations in the forum or with a fellow user's message box, including but not limited to mail or "post" bombing, news bombing, other flooding techniques, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks, or attempts to avoid messaging blocking.
3.Evading bans or suspensions or otherwise disregarding directions from moderators or administrators.
Moderators may at any time and without prior notice remove any posted message or thread, delete words that violate these guidelines from posted messages, or ban your account for violating the above reasonable provisions.
Please remember that you are responsible for all statements made and acts that occur through the use of your user name and password. If you recognize any violation of these guidelines, please notify us by using the "report abuse to moderator" feature in the Options menu of the message, or by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Website Disclaimer: http://www.centrify.com/termsofuse.asp
If you believe that work belonging to you has been copied onto the Centrify Corporation Community Site without your permission, please notify by sending a written notification of claimed infringement to:
By mail: Copyright Agent
c/o Centrify Corporation
3300 Tannery Way
Santa Clara, CA 95054
By email: email@example.com
Your notification must include:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
User Profile Information
We may refuse to grant you, and you may not use, a screen name or email address that is already being used by someone else, that impersonates another person, that belongs to another person (without that person's prior consent), that violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person, that is vulgar or otherwise offensive, or that we reject for any other reason, at our sole discretion.
In consideration of your use of the Centrify Corporation Community Site you agree that all information provided in your profile is accurate, true, current, and complete. Centrify Corporation may terminate your account if any of the information provided is found to be inaccurate, false, out of date, or incomplete.
The content found in the Centrify Corporation Community Site comes from a variety of sources, primarily from community members. Centrify Corporation makes no claims or representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or truth of any material submitted or found in the discussion areas. Centrify Corporation is not liable for any website links posted within the discussion areas; website links posted in the discussion areas may link to sites not administered or under the control of Centrify Corporation and users must open such links at their own risk. Centrify Corporation is not liable for any errors or delays in the content or transmission of postings on the site. Remember that you are responsible for your own decisions to act upon the information provided by community members. Centrify Corporation makes no guaranty of the confidentiality or privacy of any communication or information transmitted on the site, or any web-site linked to the site, or otherwise in connection with the services and Centrify Corporation will not be liable for the privacy of e-mail addresses, registration and identification information, confidential or trade-secret information.
By uploading, emailing, posting, publishing or otherwise transmitting Content to any Forum or submitting any Content to Centrify Corporation Community Site, you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) Centrify Corporation a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, nonexclusive, fully sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, transmit and distribute such Content in any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed. In addition, you warrant that all so-called moral rights in the Content have been waived.
Furthermore, any Content published in the Centrify Corporation Community Site may not be republished, repurposed, retransmitted, reposted, or resubmitted on any other web site or in any other medium for any commercial or other purpose other than personal private use without express written consent from Centrify Corporation.
Any new features, functionality, corrections or enhancements for our products or services suggested by you on the Centrify Corporation Community Site shall be free from any confidentiality restrictions that might otherwise be imposed upon us, and may be incorporated into the products or services by us. Any products or services incorporating any such new features, functionality, corrections or enhancements shall be the sole and exclusive property of Centrify Corporation.
Membership in the Centrify Corporation Community is open to participants who have purchased or who are interested in purchasing or learning more about Centrify products or services. Centrify competitors and their employees and consultants are not eligible for membership.
If your user identification or password(s) is compromised, or if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account or other breach of security, you are responsible for promptly notifying us. You can notify us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be 18 years of age or older to access the Centrify Corporation Community Site.
The language of the Centrify Corporation Community Site is English.
Centrify Corporation reserves the right to modify these guidelines at any time, effective upon posting of the modified guidelines on the forum.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The Centrify Corporation Community Site is provided on an "as is" basis without warranty of any kind, express or implied. You expressly agree that the use of the site is at your sole risk. Centrify Corporation does not warrant that the site will be uninterrupted or error free, nor does Centrify Corporation make any warranty as to any results that may be obtained by use of the site. Centrify Corporation makes no other warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, in relation to the site.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances shall Centrify Corporation be liable to you or any other person for any damages, including without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of or relating to these Terms of Service or the use of the Centrify Corporation Community Site. Your sole and exclusive remedy hereunder shall be for you to discontinue your use of the site.
You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Centrify Corporation, its shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any action, cause, claim, damage, debt, demand or liability, including reasonable costs and attorney's fees, asserted by any person, arising out of or relating to: (a) these Terms of Service; (b) your use of the Centrify Corporation Community Site, including any data or work transmitted or received by you; and (c) any libelous, slanderous, indecent or other statement concerning any person made or republished by you.
Governing Law and Venue
These Terms of Service constitutes a binding agreement. Failure to comply with these Terms of Service may result in account revocation and other legal action. These Terms of Service, the Centrify community guidelines at http://community.centrify.com/t5/Community-News-and-Announcements/Centrify-Community-Guidelines-and-... and related documents set forth herein constitute the entire agreement between you and Centrify Corporation and governs your use of the Centrify Corporation Community Site superseding any prior agreements between you and Centrify Corporation. The laws of the State of California, U.S.A., shall govern the Terms of Service and the relationship between you and Centrify Corporation, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You and Centrify Corporation agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Santa Clara, California, U.S.A.
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, and software, is the property of Centrify Corporation and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all content on this site is the exclusive property of Centrify Corporation and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of Centrify Corporation or its software suppliers and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. The content and software on this site may be used as a shopping, selling, and e-card resource. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display, or performance, of the content on this site is strictly prohibited.
Community FAQ | Documentation | Support Portal | Centrify Trust | @CentrifySupport on Twitter
Giving Kudos is a great way to thank our community contributors!
Problem Solved? Click "Accepted as Solution" so this information can help other users.
These opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer.