New Community Features: Reply by Email, Give Kudos and Accepted as Solution by Email

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Master V
#1 of 1 4,360

New Community Features: Reply by Email, Give Kudos and Accepted as Solution by Email

[ Edited ]

Good news community members, you can now reply to community discussions via your email client! In addition, it is also possible to mark posts as solutions or give kudos directly from email. To utilize these new features, you will need to subscribe the topics and/or forums you are interested in. 

To subscribe to an entire discussion forum, click on the "Options" drop down menu while you are on the topic listing page and select "Subscribe":

Screen Shot 2015-01-23 at 11.06.52 AM.png

To subscribe to a single discussion thread, click on the "Topic Options" drop down menu when reading a thread and select "Subscribe":

Screen Shot 2015-01-23 at 11.07.29 AM.png

To subscribe to a thread you are participating in, simply check "Email me when someone replies" when posting a message:

Screen Shot 2015-01-23 at 11.11.00 AM.png

A "reply" link will be included in future community subscription email messages. To reply to a thread with your email client, click on the reply link (do not reply directly to the subscription email) to write your reply in a new email. You will notice that the "mail to:" address consists of an encoded token tied to your community account and topic. Once your email is delivered, it will be posted to the corresponding thread.

In addition to replying, you can also give kudos and accept a post as solution by clicking on their corresponding links in the subscription email. As with the community web interface, only the user who initiated a thread will be able to accept a reply as solution.

Please note that the reply link in the subscription email will expire after 30 days.

We hope these additions to the community platform will improve your user experience. Please do not hesitate to contact me via PM if you have any questions. 

AntonC
Community Manager

Community FAQ | Documentation | Support Portal | Centrify Trust | @CentrifySupport on Twitter
Follow Centrify:
Giving Kudos is a great way to thank our community contributors!
Problem Solved? Click "Accepted as Solution" so this information can help other users.

These opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer.