Master V
#1 of 4 2,443

[Webinar] Centrify Expert Hour for Workday Integration

[ Edited ]

Centrify Expert Hour for Workday Integration

Presentation Slides:

Date: Wednesday, April 11th, 2018

Time: 11 am PT / 2 pm ET

Workday cloud-based ERP products help companies reduce or eliminate hard-to-use, legacy apps for finance, HR, project management, and more. Workday supports enterprise single sign-on with Centrify Identity Service, making it easy to set up and administer multiple user accounts.

With an integration to Centrify, Workday can serve as the master employee database within the enterprise. New hires, transitions and departures are managed by HR within the HR system while Centrify automatically provisions or de-provisions accounts into Active Directory and downstream productivity applications. 

On April 11th, join Kequa Jones from the Centrify Customer Success team for a Q&A session on integrating Workday with Centrify. We will walk-through topics such as:

• Configure Workday for SAML SSO
  • Configuring Inbound Provisioning for Workday in the Centrify Admin Portal
  • Create an integration system user
  • Configure security group options
  • Configure syncs

Presenter:

20180320_162248.jpg

Kequa Jones

Sr. Technical Support Engineer 

To ask your own Centrify Workday integration question, log into the Centrify Community and post your question in the event thread here or send a direct message to @CentrifySupport via Twitter.

AntonC
Community Manager

Community FAQ | Documentation | Support Portal | Centrify Trust | @CentrifySupport on Twitter
Follow Centrify:
Giving Kudos is a great way to thank our community contributors!
Problem Solved? Click "Accepted as Solution" so this information can help other users.

These opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer.
Participant I
#2 of 4 2,117

Re: [Webinar] Centrify Expert Hour for Workday Integration

In today Webinar you have inbound provisioning rules that could utilize specific OU's within AD. This was is you were using WorkDay.

AD is the root, Do you have inbound provisioning rule that could utilize specific OU's within AD if you are NOT using WorkDay?

I ask this because we have an AD account creation via a WorkDay integration already.

Centrify Advisor II
#3 of 4 2,099

Hello IDEXX76289! Welcome back to the Community portal and thank you for joining the Workday Integration webinar!

When configuring the Inbound Provisioning Rule at the Centirfy Admin portal, at the Target configuration section, the OUs in Active Directory will appear. These OUs are not specific to Workday.The system automtically populates when OUs currently exist in AD.

You can however create an OU in AD specifically for your provisioned Workday users and select that OU only.

Hope this helps!

KJ

KJones
Master V
#4 of 4 2,092

Thank you everyone for attending the webinar. Again, we apologize for the technical issue resulting in last minute event URL change. We've posted the webinar slide deck in the message above. Below is a list of questions and answers covered during the live event:

1) Is there a white paper on this?

Answer: Yes, the below link is from our product documentation on how to configure Inbound provisioning and Workday SAML application:

Inbound Provisioning: https://docs.centrify.com/Content/Applications/AppsAdminPortal/InboundProvisioning.htm

Workday SAML application: https://docs.centrify.com/Content/Applications/AppsWeb/Workday.htm

2) Why specify a specific DC? Why not use DNS so if the DC isn't available the provisioning doesn't stop.

Answer: This question is not very clear. Using a domain controller is the approach we have taken for now.

3) If I have some values in AD i want to flow back into Workday, can I also turn on provisioning at the Workday SAML level to achieve this? Essentially a bi-directional flow?

Answer: Currently, we do not have an option for the bi-directional flow from AD to Workday however this option will be coming in the 18.4 release.

4) When creating the source , at the Target section, does the OUs automatically populate?

Answer: Yes, when the Domain and Domain Controller are selected, the OUs configured in AD will automatically appear.

5) Where do I get the Issuer URL for the Workday SAML application configuration?

Answer: Issuer URL can be located at the Admin Portal > Apps > Workday application > Trust > IdP Manual configuration.

6) How long will the sync run for Terminated user?

Answer: When the user’s status is detected at Terminated at the Workday portal, depending on your sync method (incremental or full) is when the sync will be ran.

7) Can you send me the link to the site you just reference? (docs)

Answer:

Inbound Provisioning: https://docs.centrify.com/Content/Applications/AppsAdminPortal/InboundProvisioning.htm

Workday SAML application: https://docs.centrify.com/Content/Applications/AppsWeb/Workday.htm

AntonC
Community Manager

Community FAQ | Documentation | Support Portal | Centrify Trust | @CentrifySupport on Twitter
Follow Centrify:
Giving Kudos is a great way to thank our community contributors!
Problem Solved? Click "Accepted as Solution" so this information can help other users.

These opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer.