Organizations may need to configure the screen saver start time for security or compliance. This article will show you how to use Active Directory group policies to prevent users from changing the screen saver start time.
Step 1. On a Mac, create a custom profile with Apple Configurator 2
1. Launch Apple Configurator 2. You can also create this with Profile Manager.
2. Go to File > New Profile.
3. Enter a profile name in the Name field.
4. Then go to Passcode on the left column and set a time for Maximum Auto-Lock.
5. Go to File > Save.
Step 2. Upload the profile to SYSVOL
1. Go to \\<domain>\SYSVOL\<domain> and create a mobileconfig folder if it does not exist.
2. Upload the profile to the mobileconfig folder.
3. In the Group Policy for your Macs, enable Computer Configuration > Policies > Centrify Settings > Mac OS X Settings > Custom Settings > Install MobileConfig Profiles.
4. Click on the Add button, enter the name of your profile, then click OK.
5. Click OK.
The policy will apply at the next group policy interval, or you can launch Terminal ont he Mac and run adgpupdate to apply immediately.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.