Re: How to monitor your Centrify Connectors

How to monitor your Centrify Connectors

By Centrify Advisor I ‎09-05-2017 01:59 PM

There is a script that will check for the status of each Centrify Connector and eventually write an event to the Windows Event Log, Send an e-mail and restart the service. You can find the script here: https://github.com/israelbiscaia/centrify-cc-monitor

In order to use it you need to:

1. Create a Service User that has no Rules set for authentication (as shown below), also, ensure the User has “Read-Only Administrator Right”:

Picture1.png

2. Change the top section of the .ps1 file to match your tenant's information, for example:

[string]$server = "my-company.my.centrify.com/", #Centrify pod URL
[string]$username = "admin@cenrifytenant.com", #Tenant reporting-capable username. This user must be a member of a role that is allowed password-only authentication.
[string]$password = "Centrify!", #Tenant admin password

3. Optionally change the event ID, type and message to be written to the Event Log:

$eventId = "1010", #Event ID to be written to the Event Log in case the Centrify Cloud Connector service is down
$eventType = "Warning", #Event type to be written to the Event Log in case the Centrify Cloud Connector service is down
$eventMessageCCOffline = "Centrify Cloud Connector is Inactive", #Event type to be written to the Event Log in case the Centrify Cloud Connector service is inactive
$eventMessageServiceStopped = "Centrify Cloud Connector is being stopped", #Event type to be written to the Event Log in case the Centrify Cloud Connector service is down
$eventMessageServiceStarted = "Centrify Cloud Connector is being started", #Event type to be written to the Event Log in case the Centrify Cloud Connector service is inactive

4. Copy the .ps1 script to each of your Centrify Connectors;

5. Test the Powershell script in a Connector that is marked as Inactive:

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 17.52.18.png

6. This will write events to the Event Log:

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 17.57.59.png

7. Set up a Scheduled Task to run every X minutes. Make sure to have the task to Run with highest privileges:

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 17.54.20.png

Comments
By msolano
on ‎07-25-2018 01:50 PM

Hello,

In step 1 I do not see an option for Login Authentication under User Security policies.  Could this have changed in another version?  My version is 18.6.155.  

Capture.GIF

By Centrify
on ‎07-31-2018 02:34 PM

For Step 1 you can now go under Login Policies > Centrify Portal for 18.7

Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 3.10.20 PM.png

By msolano
on ‎08-16-2018 08:41 AM

I got the script working to a point where it checks for the status of the service then writes events to the application log. However it is not able to start the Connector services.  

The only changes I made to the script were the changes in step #2.

Capture.GIF

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Labels

Community Control Panel