Role-based access to the Centrify Identity Platform can be applied to help meet regulatory compliance and improve security by:
- Customizing which web applications are displayed in the Centrify User Portal
- Limiting access to privileged account passwords
- And granting different levels of administrative rights to the Centrify Identity Platform
Roles in Centrify can be composed of users, groups and other Centrify roles from
- Active Directory
- Centrify Directory
- Any federated directory (ex. Google, Facebook, or another IDP)
To create and configure a Role in Centrify
1. Log into the Centrify Admin Portal, go to the left column and navigate to Core Services > Roles.
2. Click on the Add Role button.
3. Enter a name for the Role.
4. Select Members, then click the Add button.
5. Enter keywords in the search field to display the desired user or group.
6. Select the desired user or group and click Add.
7. Select Administrative Rights to add Admin Portal rights to the role.
8. Select Assigned Applications to assign web applications to the role.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.