This article describes the steps to install, configure and test the local UNIX user and group management feature included with Centrify Suite 2016. You will find this article useful if you're looking to accomplish the following goals:
- Control local UNIX user accounts (provision, disable, visibility or removal from /etc/passwd)
- Control local UNIX primary or secondary groups (provision, control membership, or removal from /etc/group)
- Use a single management framework (DirectManage GUI, PowerShell, UNIX adedit)
- Leverage Centrify Zones, Child Zones or Computer Roles stored in Active Directory
- Perform actions upon user creation/deletion, e.g. home directories, environment variables, password management/lifecycle.
Disclaimer: This post is not a best practice, it's simply to aid you to study and test the feature before your consider it for production scenarios.